Writing exercise; four sentences and a scene

• My hometown was a wonderful  place to grow up.
    • My hometown of Fairhaven is filled with kindhearted people and breathtaking scenery that made any season of the year feel magical and had the perfect location of being on the water in which sailboats filled the harbor and the ports.
  • Laci had a rather eccentric style.
    • Laci always wore thick handmade gray wool sweaters each having a different animal face on them and it never matched her  bedazzled alligator skin boots or her Davy Crockett raccoon hat.
  • Mr. Brown is the worst teacher I’ve ever had.
    • Professor Brown is a horrible educator due to his poor teaching style and short temper that made any of his students afraid to ask questions and participate in class which caused them to never truly understand the subject.
  • The room seemed very dull.
    • The room was very tasteless in style with a boring beige paint on the walls and having long rectangular metal tables with wooden chairs in it all facing a dusty chalk board in the front of the room with only one old ceiling fan to keep the entire room cool.

Scene:

I walked into the small restaurant and was immediately hit with the delicious smell of the Chinese food that I had been craving for all day. I went to the front counter to pick up my order. The women behind the counter was the same petite old Chinese women that is always working there. She has a big smile on her face that always seems to get bigger each time you enter the restaurant and she was always eating mints that she kept in a big bowl for costumes to have. I told the old woman ” I’m picking up an order for Ryan.” She then quickly typed onto her keyboard , hitting each key harder than the last. She looked up at me and softly spoke “Its gonna be just a few more minutes sweetheart.”  I told her it was no problem and I took a seat next to the front desk and waited for my order. As I sat there I looked around the restaurant and noticed that there were only a dozen people in the entire restaurant and most of them were middle aged men drinking at the bar by themselves. Suddenly a waitress came out and I had hoped she was carrying my food but unfortunately she had a family of five’s food. The family seemed as thrilled to see her as I was seconds ago and they dug right into their food before she was even done serving out all the plates. The food smelt delicious though and I could even taste the exquisite Chinese vegetable stir fry which I had also ordered. The strongest smell was the unique spices that they used and it filled the entire restaurant.  As my stomach growled heavily and my lips salivated at the smell of the stir fry I had pulled out my phone to talk to my phones while I waited. Not five seconds after I pulled out my phone the little old lady said to me “Your order is all set. Have a nice day.” I got up and quickly grabbed the big carryout bag that appeared to be bigger than the woman behind the desk. Now being satisfied that I had my supper, I was walking to my car and the only thing I was thinking about was what to write my homework on.